[NAGDU] Dogs and Canes in Tandem?

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:02:23 UTC 2022

Hi Diane,
Thanks for asking these great questions.
It is definitely helpful to have a cane with you to explore unfamiliar
places. I keep a telescoping one with me since it is easy to put it in my
bag or backpack when I"m not using it.
I also made the transition to using a guide dog in my late 30s, and there
is definitely a learning curve. I still find myself questioning what my dog
is doing although I have gotten better at trusting her.

Best,

LIz

--
Elizabeth Campbell