[NAGDU] Dogs and National Conventions

Lyn Gwizdak gwizdaklyn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:44:27 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I have been to 2 National Conventions and a bunch of state conventions of
both NFB and ACB. NFB ones are larger with more dogs. My dogs have been
interested in the other dogs. Treat that as a distraction and handle as you
were taught by your school. Dont get too stressed out by this. The dogs
will all be excited by all the dogs and new environment. Make sure you have
down time in your room away from all the activity. Bring your dog's
favorite chew toy or bone.

As to the relief areas, I rarely used them because of all the dogs and
possible "land mines" missed during clean up. Some people are lazy and dont
even bother. I would find another spot near the hotel that is quieter and
cleaner. I did this and it worked out great.

If you are a nervous type of person, remember your nervousness and stress
will travel down to your dog. In addition to many dogs, there are tons of
white canes that may bump your dog. Some people decide this would be way
too much stimulation for their own dogs and thus leave them home where they
can have a vacation of their own.

If you or others bring their own dogs, please remember to relieve them more
frequently than you do at home. All that convention activity can cause the
dogs to have to go more. You dont want an accidental poop in the hallway!

Have fun and good luck!

Lyn and Aristotle