[NAGDU] Convention relief areas

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Apr 29 12:26:09 UTC 2022

Hi Diane.
You asked what the convention relief areas are like.  Think of a sandbox with a thick layer of wood chips in it.  They're pretty big, but a lot of dogs aren't keen on using them once they start getting well-used.  Even when they're cleaned frequently, they can get pretty stinky.
The ideal is for the handler to stay on the outside and the dog to jump inside, but I still have to step in to clean up poop.  That can be iffy, if someone else hasn't been able to clean up and I step in something.

At least that's how it was last time I was at a national convention, which admittedly was quite a while ago now.
Tracy