[NAGDU] Uber cancels again

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri Aug 12 12:24:41 UTC 2022

It wasn't uber or Lyft, but when the Fung Wah bus company refused to
take me because of my guide dog, the cops did come, but said they
couldn't force Fung Wah to take me because it was a civil law matter.
During the wonderful and exciting case that arose from this, I never
heard that the cops could have done more.  One of them did drive my wife
and me to a nearby Amtrak station, so we made the trip anyway.  (Note:
the saga began on 15 January 2004.)

Incidentally, our case did make the news, so you might have heard of
it.  We won a considerable award, technically, but never got a penny
because the company crashed here and went elsewhere after losing its
appeals.

If any state has criminal penalties for this sort of thing, that might
indeed be a help.

Al