[NAGDU] Toothpaste

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 25 13:54:12 UTC 2022

I brush my dogs' teeth every day with dog toothpaste.  My vet was
recommending the kind she uses, so I looked it up.  Big mistake, because all
the toothpaste ingredients in both hers and mine sound terrible.

The first in both is sorbitol, which I thought was toxic to dogs.  After
that come a bunch of chemicals, like sodium benzo-something.  Benzo doesn't
sound good, either.

Anyone know a more natural toothpaste?  I guess I could make some with
baking soda, but dog toothpaste is supposed to have enzymes to clean their
teeth.  And, despite the bad-sounding ingredients, I've used the stuff for
years and it doesn't seem to have caused a problem.  But how do I know?

Anyway, any thoughts?

Tracy