[NAGDU] NAGDU town hall announcement concerning Lyft denials

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Jan 13 01:39:52 UTC 2022

Hello everyone, please share this wherever appropriate.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users, a division of the National
Federation of the Blind, would like to hear from you if you have been
denied a ride on the Lyft ridesharing service because you are traveling
with your guide dog or other service animal. In addition to using NFB’s
Rideshare Discrimination Survey, https://www.nfb.org/rideshare, to
gather information, during the week of January 24-30, 2022, we will be
gathering your experiences in video form to present to Lyft. You do not
have to be a member of the National Federation of the Blind to complete
this survey or submit a video. The link to the one-week survey is
https://bit.ly/33bzI8F

Please note, this survey will not be available until January 24, 2022.

In preparation for this information gathering project, we will be
hosting a town hall on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 8 PM Eastern time.
The town hall will last for approximately one hour, and will serve as a
way to answer your questions and to give you a demonstration of how to
fill out the form and how to record the video. For those who are not
able to attend the town hall, it will be recorded and the recording will
be shared later in the week.

Please reach out to the NAGDU board of directors at board at nagdu.org or
(346) 439-7444 if you have any questions about this project or the town
hall. The Zoom information for the town hall follows. Please note, this
will also be added to the NAGDU public events calendar.

NAGDU is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NAGDU Town Hall
Time: Jan 18, 2022 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89420101799

Meeting ID: 894 2010 1799
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,89420101799# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,89420101799# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
         +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)