[NAGDU] DoT Airline Passengers with Disabilities Bill of Rights

Heather Bird heather.l.bird at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:26:52 UTC 2022

Hello All,

I found this on the DoT's website.  I thought it would be a good read for
everyone and it even has links to the relevant sections of the
regulations.

Of note, I found that (14 CFR): Sections 382.72 -382.80 seems to indicate
that a Service Dog may NOT be removed from an aircraft just because someone
"doesn't feel like sitting next to you".

"You must allow a service animal to accompany a passenger with a
disability. You must not deny transportation to a service animal based on
the animal's breed or type or on the basis that its carriage may offend or
annoy carrier personnel or persons traveling on the aircraft."

Airline Passengers with Disabilities Bill of Rights
<https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/disabilitybillofrights?fbclid=IwAR0rUFGnprYCpLH5SbLNaHilARPBvXEyq5IsMkJlNPGa2rW7wrVYLO1Ofas>

Heather