[NAGDU] Peeing a lot

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Mar 25 11:57:26 UTC 2022

Hi Al.

You said your dog needs to pee a lot.  I had that problem with my old dog
Krokus, starting very soon after I got him.  He had to go out every 2-3
hours, and sometimes even more often.  If he didn't, he'd have an accident
inside.  Not good.

I had to carefully manage his water intake, and be mindful of when he'd been
out last.  When we were home, I got in the habbit of taking him out every
time he woke up, pretty much.

I got a diagnosis of overactive bladder, and gave him pills for years that
seemed to help some-at least he stopped having accidents, though he still
had to go out often.  It was not ideal, but it was manageable.

Oddly, it got better when we stopped regularly going into New York City with
the beginning of the pandemic, and I weaned him off the pills.  Makes me
wonder if it was at least partly stress-related.

Anyway, I hope your Sheldon doesn't go as often as Krokus used to.  It was a
pain.

Tracy