[NAGDU] of kibble and water

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Mon Apr 24 12:58:25 UTC 2023

Greetings!

I was on the Guide Dog Matters call a week ago yesterday.  One thing
that Melissa Smith said then was that it helps a dog with digesting
kibble if you mix water into it and let it stand for a few minutes.  At
least, that's approximately what she said, if memory serves.  I did this
for about the next week.  Then, I wondered this:  wouldn't the water my
dog drinks right after his every meal give him the same help with
digesting the kibble?  To anybody that really knows this subject, am I
missing something?

Let me say that I was glad for her presentation, although I came away
feeling somewhat dazed and confused about how to get the best
information available on nutrition.

Thanks!

Al