[NAGDU] Question about share ride drivers and dog hair

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 17 23:19:43 UTC 2023

One solution might be too bring a towel or a blanket for your guide to sit on. I've been told similar things like last time I had your dog in my car I had to clean the hair out. And I've heard drivers tell me they were afraid of dogs. I don't know what the solution is. However, the bottom line is that if they open their car up to the public, then anybody from the public is allowed. I had one driver who had somebody get in their car with a really big dog and claimed it was a service dog and the dog was out of control. Usually the drivers don't realize that in circumstances like that, they can ask the person to leave. I usually let drivers know when the ride starts moving that my dog is the real thing and you can tell because she goes right on the floor and lays down. There's lots of fraudsters out there who will claim that their dog is a service dog just to take their dog with them for no good reason. It's really sad.
Leslie Hamric
Cello and Braille Music Teacher