[NAGDU] Question about share ride drivers and dog hair

Joy Relton joy.relton at icloud.com
Sun Dec 17 22:55:41 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I recently took a Lyft to a shopping center near my house. The woman was not
happy that she had to pick me up with my dog guide but did so nonetheless.
As we were driving I engaged her in conversation about her resistance to
taking the dog and she told me that many drivers are concerned because if
they take a dog guide in their car and they aren't able to get all of the
dog hair out before someone rides with them who has severe allergies the
company will do nothing to help them with any law suits. I was curious
whether others have ever had a driver express this concern. The logical
solution is to have a specific percentage of cars be allergy-free so no
perfumes,, dog etc. The problem would be that they couldn't guarantee that
one of the passengers wouldn't have a pet at home and bring some of their
fur on their clothing without any knowledge. Has anyone else had any similar
experiences?

Joy and Vicky, Who says that the brisk air out there makes for fine walking
and hopes that all of her colleagues out there are getting similar walks.