[NAGDU] Any experience with Golden Doodles?

Joy Relton joy.relton at icloud.com
Tue Dec 19 17:35:28 UTC 2023

Hi Parham,

I have never personally used a Golden- Doodle or a poodle but I have a friend who has used a couple of them. She went to a specific trainer, I think, in Florida who individually trained each one. The guides appeared to work well but had severe noise aversions because of experiences as pups. I believe that it is the temperament, the training and the raising experience rather than the breed that makes the difference. They are animals, not machines with refinable parts. The advantage to poodles and similar dogs without dander is that they are better for people with allergies. I love your curiosity and thirst for knowledge but I urge you to consider all pieces of information to be something to consider and not automatically a fact.

I used to want nothing to do with shepherds because a dog fight initiated by a shepherd resulted in my childhood pet being put down. The reality was that my pet was a willing participant even though that dog had been kicked out of town because of his propensity to attack other dogs. I have grown to love some shepherds I have met and was almost matched with one this last time.

Take care and keep seeking knowledge and eagerly awaiting your new partnership.

Joy with Vicky my precausious lab/golden cross, who at 45 pounds takes on her world with exuberance and curiosity.