[NAGDU] Traveling

robert stigile rstigile at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:57:57 UTC 2023

Hello all,
While trabeling last week to visit family and then going on to Washington Seminar, I noticed in every airport there was at least one unruely, misbehaved dog.
I bring this up, to say its not fare that we have to fill out a form that says we are subject to being removed if our dogs are slightly misbehaved or someone just doesnt like dogs.
I hope nagdu is working with dot to change this issue, because as my dog layed there sleeping while in the terminals and on the plane there were dogs barking and growling and the airline staff wont eo anything about it.
Also, while in dc, I had a uber denial as did every guide dog team i came across and uber seems to be doing nothing about it.
They send emails that say they take the matter seriously but if they really did it wouldnt happen any more. They are suppose to have cancelled trips in the trip list but they dont and if you recieve a call and miss it there is no second option though you can return the call but you wont get a hold of someone.
Something needs to change and soon, as I hear many say i just dont take my dog on important trips and thats not the answer.
Thank you,
Robert  Stigile, Second Vice-President
President San Fernando Valley Chapter
818-381-9568