[NAGDU] the uber service dog line posted to this list is not correct.

Al Elia al.elia at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 13:49:51 UTC 2023

Good morning everyone. Uber is indeed in the process of rolling out a  dedicated service animal denial investigation team direct phone number, and that number is indeed  1-833-715-8237. We discussed this number and the rollout on the Uber Service Animal Working Group call last week. I am sorry to hear that the rollout is not going smoothly, nor am I surprised that not everyone at Uber is aware of this new number, nor that service animal denial is considered a safety issue warranting immediate phone support where that is desired by the handler who was denied service. I am speaking with Uber leadership on the working group about the problems with the number and the support responses discussed on this list, and will update the  list when I have additional information.

Yours,

/Æ

Albert Elia
NAGDU board member  and NFB representative to the Uber Service Animal Working Group