[NAGDU] Igloo saves the day

Margo Downey margo.downey at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 9 18:49:12 UTC 2023

Good boy, Igloo.

Margo and Tami

-----Original Message-----
From: NAGDU [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione
via NAGDU
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2023 1:42 PM
To: 'NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users'
Cc: carcione at access.net
Subject: [NAGDU] Igloo saves the day

I just got back from a walk.  I was crossing the street right by my house.
A freight train was rumbling past about 2 blocks away, but I listened and
thought we were good to go and started across.  Then a car came down the
street out of nowhere.  Igloo stopped, I stopped, and the car stopped.  Good
boy, Igloo!  We went on across, and he got much praise on the other side.
Business as usual, I guess, but I sure didn't hear that car coming until it
was getting pretty close.  Guess I'm getting older and cars are getting
quieter.  Thank Goodness for my dog!  Good boy!

Tracy