[NAGDU] Reserving an Uber

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Thu Feb 16 02:02:38 UTC 2023

Has anyone found that reserving an Uber in advance saves any trouble at the
time?  I reserved one once, going to an airport pretty far away, and the
driver cancelled when he arrived, not because of the dog, but because he
didn't want to go that far.  Turns out, at least at that time, that Uber
didn't tell drivers the destination until they arrived, even if a trip was
reserved.

I have an important meeting tomorrow afternoon, and it's about an hour away.
I could reserve ahead of time, but I'm not sure it's worth it.  I'm thinking
I'll just go a little earlier than I otherwise might, just in case there are
problems.  It's worked in the past, and recently.  Guess they say "hundred
dollar fare, OK!".  But you never know, and it's stressful.

Anyone have any recent experience with reserving an Uber?

Tracy