[NAGDU] Adding a service dog to an international trip

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 24 18:41:06 UTC 2023

I got some help from TSE about how to add my dog to my trip with United to
Ireland.  I followed all the steps, but there is no option to add an animal,
at least not yet.  I have spoken to United disability services, who have
given me 2 answers about adding my dog, both of which seemed to say that, at
best, I can't add Igloo until I get his passport, which may or may not be
within the 2-day window for adding a service dog to a trip.

So far as I'm concerned, the passport and the DOT forms have no
relationship, but United imagines they do.

This is a problem that didn't exist before these stupid DOT forms.

Tracy