[NAGDU] Probiotics

annettenowakowski at att.net annettenowakowski at att.net
Sat Jan 7 18:39:19 UTC 2023

My dog had soft stool too.  My vet recommended that Fortiflora, and I went
through a whole box of that  which did not help.  After that, they
prescribed a stronger probiotic, which did not help either. I asked my guide
dog school vet  and they recommended psyllium, a fiber supplement.  I tried
it for a week in a very small amount like 1/4 teaspoon.  The idea is to
start small and build up as tolerated.  I prefer to give natural fiber so
tried giving more fiber rich vegetables.  Really, nothing seemed to work.
She had soft stool for two   or three months, and it finally resolved on its
own.

Annette