[NAGDU] experiences with Guiding Eyes , and guide dog foundation and guide dogs for the blind

Sean Moore seanmoore87 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:43:58 UTC 2023

Subject:  experiences  with Guiding  Eyes

Hi  as  I’ve  been  denied a successor dog from Southeastern Guide Dogs and have have  peeled and was denied again. I'm looking for experiences with Guiding   ice, I've already submitted all necessary paperwork and I'm just now waiting for a home interview..

From talking  with  guide dog trainer   and Client Navigator;  Laurel Sheets, I’ve  gathered  Guiding  eyes  training  is  the  same  as  what  southeastern  started  doing  after  I got  Rob  in 2015. They  are  using  positive reinforcement,  clicker training and food rewards.. Which  I’m  fine  with  since I started using that loosely with Rob. And my trainer had me use praise   and food reward   in my last home visit..

So  not  sure  what  I’m  really  asking on experiences, but  just  whatever   current graduates can't tell me about current training practices and their  experiences in the 12 day on-campus training at. Guiding eyes.

And  also  experiences at guide , dog foundation , and guide  dogs for the blind.
I also have applications in at guide  dogs foundation   and guide dogs for the blind and have been excepted at Pilot in 2018.

Thanks,
Sean