[NAGDU] experiences with Guiding Eyes , and guide dog foundation and guide dogs for the blind

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 02:59:32 UTC 2023

I'm currently working my second dog from GDF. Just some comparing and
contrasting off the top of my head. GDB and GDF are extremely similar
in their training methods and class structure. GDF provides ownership,
while GDB and Guiding Eyes do not. GDB and GEB offer veterinary
financial assistance. GDF offers a one time veterinary stipend, but
otherwise does not cover vet care. GDB and GDF have Labs, Goldens, and
Lab/Golden crosses. GEB has Labs and GSDs. GDF is a smaller program.
GDB is a very large program, but have the same short small class
structure. GEB is in the middle.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to know about each program, but I'm
happy to answer any specific questions you have about GDF. Here is a
link to a blog I kept during class in 2018 if you want to get an idea
of a typical class.
https://notyouraverageservicedog.wordpress.com/category/gdf-class/

Danielle