[NAGDU] My dog

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 01:18:32 UTC 2023

Cindy,

I am truly sorry to hear this.
While I was at the convention, I met with one of the trainers from the
school where I got Barbara.
She will be 10 in January, and she is doing well in a lot of ways, but she
is also starting to have difficulty with steep steps and with getting into
vehicles that have a high step including the bus I rode from Fort Worth to
Houston.
At any rate, I am applying for my next dog although I feel like I'm
betraying Barbara in some ways.
I explained that I now have a hybrid work environment, and I am not in our
busy downtown area.
I wondered if I should go forward with getting another dog because of the
changes in my lifestyle since the pandemic.

The trainer told me that as long as I was getting out and walking and going
places, there are dogs that don't need a high energy work environment.
As someone else said, there is an appeals process. I would certainly
recommend doing that.

Did the school give you some suggestions about what you can do to build up
your stamina and so forth?
I didn't get a chance to say hi during the  convention unfortunately.

Best

Liz

--
Elizabeth Campbell