[NAGDU] schools that use food rewards

mike michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Jun 1 20:51:27 UTC 2023

Hi Madison,

You hit the nail right on the head. Food rewards serve a specific purpose. That is they reenforce behavior and they greatly enhance training. Any school that uses food rewards and understands their purpose, most all of them as far as I know, will help you understand when and how to use food rewards. Some schools also have added in clicker training which also enhances training especially when coupled with food rewards.

Schools will discuss tapering off food rewards as your guide begins to exhibit the behaviors you wish.

I find these reward techniques extremely helpful, but I also know that they have their place and should not be overdone.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson