[NAGDU] FW: Research survey on "assistance dogs" and age limit

Debbie Gabe debbiegabe at live.com
Wed Jun 21 02:36:30 UTC 2023

Hi,
I am wondering why cut off the age in the 60s? I am 73 and getting my first guide dog. I've been using a long straight cane for decades, but my hearing is starting to go down just a bit and it causes me problems  so I thought about finally getting a dog. I didn't want a dog when I was still working, didn't want to be responsible for a dog during my work day. But now that I'm retired, it's different. I know there are blind people in their 70s and 80s using guide dogs. Why not include them?
Thanks,
Debbie