[NAGDU] Advocacy Around Flying

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:22:38 UTC 2023

Hi All,

I am curious if the NAGDU board has any updates on advocacy around the
challenges that we are facing as guide dog handlers around the DOT
forms, or on what we as members can do to help. As a frequent traveler I
have thankfully been able to avoid issues as I know how the system works
for the airlines that I fly. But I am seeing stories on social media of
folks being discriminated against more and more often, and not just being
held up at the airport either but actually being told by airline customer
service that they cannot fly because their form was not approved. I truly
believe this issue should be a top priority for our organization. Are there
plans to discuss at our upcoming meetings at convention?

-Mike