[NAGDU] Using Rolling Suitcase with Guide Dog

rainshadow rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 2 18:13:30 UTC 2023

Hi Justin:

Lots of good ideas from everyone here. To show you the extreme, I play goalie on a blind ice hockey team and attend several tournaments a year. My goalie bag very wide/bulky and heavy (63 pounds) with wheels but no extendable handle. I put my clothes in a large hiking backpack on my back and pull this monstronsity. Gonzo, my poodle guide, handles it pretty well. He seems aware of the wide load  and tries to give us more room on the right but cornering is always fun,  especialy  around the airport mazes. Us just entering one of those with my gear is usually enoughn to get staff rushing out to guide us to a better place. :)

So my message is many things will work. Praise your dog for their efforts withthe new challenge and be forgiving of the odd clearnace mistakes. Hope you had a good trip.

Gary with poodle Gonzo

Vancouver
Canada