[NAGDU] Taking my guide dog into an indoor pool area when I go for water aerobics.

Joy Relton joy.relton at icloud.com
Sun Sep 3 19:40:54 UTC 2023

Hi Annette,

I take my dog guide into the pool area three times a week. I hook her to an
area near the edge of the pool where she can watch me. I have found it best
to remove her harness and just hook her leash to a very solid post so that
it does not become a distraction when people pet her despite the signs
asking them not too. She does not have a problem being there or next to the
hot tub and the other end of the area. I also take her to outdoor pools for
similar exercise and always make sure that she is in a shaded area with
water when its hot. Enjoy your exercise and praise your pup. It can't be
very exciting for her to sit around while you are exercising which is
another reason I take her out of harness.