[NAGDU] Delta Service Animal Form

Michael Forzano michaeldforzano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 22:18:35 UTC 2024

Hi All,

I've flown just about every major airline with my dog since the new
regulations took effect and no process has been more difficult than
Delta's. I actually flew Delta back in October on a flight booked less than
48 hours in advance, and no one even asked me about the form. This time
there is more notice and I just spent over half an hour trying to figure
out their process. The accessibility service request form was difficult to
find, the form itself required a lot of extra information on top of the DOT
form not to mention having accessibility issues with dropdowns and the file
upload button. While trying to use the airport selection dropdown, the form
actually allowed me to submit without all the fields being filled in
requiring me to start the whole thing over again.

Have others had similar experiences? I actually wonder if they are out of
compliance with the regulations given they require a 5-step form to be
filled out on top of the DOT form.

Honestly I won't fly Delta regularly given I'd have to do this much work
every time. At least American, JetBlue and Alaska provide a service animal
ID that can be reused across flights. I don't remember United's process
being this complicated either.

Thanks,
Mike