[NAGDU] Delta Service Animal Form

Bryan Gearry bgearry at alaskafrontier.net
Tue Jan 9 01:22:24 UTC 2024

Mike, I just got done flying a couple of trips with Delta. One of the
tricks I have found is to call their accessibility desk. The agents are
very empathetic about helping you out. I'm not defending Delta but have
learned some "tricks". I'm telling you this as my last trip was a
nightmare with them. Delta had all my information associated with my
ticket, but agent at check in insisted in seeing a hard copy of the DOT
forms. Caused quite a stir. The counter agent was very naive about
traveling with a Guide Dog. What the accessibility people tell me is
that once you have filled out the form, it is valid on all trips until
rabies expire. I think that holds true for most airlines. Even though
Alaska Air uses a 3rd party, they say the same thing. No need to fill
out the form on every trip till rabies expire. Because of this incident,
I now keep a hard copy of the filled out DOT form with me when I travel.
If you need Delta's accessibility desk phone, e-mail me direct and I
will send it to you.