[NAGDU] escalators..

Sherry Gomes sherry.gomes at outlook.com
Sat Jan 13 14:33:00 UTC 2024

Personally, I don't do escalators, because of other disabilities and not feeling safe on them. So, I don't know how guiding eyes teaches it. When I still had dogs from GDB, they gave booties to all the handlers and required a commitment to use booties whenever doing escalators, to protect the dog's feet. Getting off the escalator is the danger point, and as someone else said, it's important to give the dog a big praise and kibble party, kibble or treats of course if the handler uses food rewards. The dogs seem to like the escalator experience and feel quite proud of themselves when doing it and getting off safely.