[NAGDU] Train

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sun Jan 28 18:43:30 UTC 2024

Hi, Steve and all.

I took Amtrak to and from D.C. for the March on Washington last year
from Boston.  I think it was a little over nine hours each way.  (I'm
almost allergic to flying.)

Both last year and in 2018, I was able to use the seats at the end of
the train car that have more room than normal.  I often shy away from
taking seats that are designed for disability access, as I believe these
are, but if nobody needs it for that, then they allow more room for both
dog and suitcase.  I also used Amtrak a lot in the 1980s, and almost
always the regular seats.  If they're the same as they were then, there
should be enough room under your seate for the god, although it looked a
bit cramped to me.

I'd sometimes walk with my dog to the food car, partly to give him
something like a fit break.  (I'd get food, of course, but sometimes I
did that with a cane because it was a little easier to bring something
back to the seat.

Last year, I asked for help taking him out for a chance to park. He
didn't, but he ended up being fine until we found some grass after the trip.

I hope that's of some help.  If you have more questions, I'll see if my
remaining brain cells have answers.

Best!

Al