[NAGDU] Train

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sun Jan 28 21:07:27 UTC 2024

I love taking the train.  Much nicer than the plane.  A regular seat on the
train is better than economy+ on a plane, and you can get up and walk
around, or use your phone without an extra charge.

I’ve only taken the train in the Northeast Corridor, which is the best,
mainly from NYC to Philly, but it’s always good.

Way back when I was in the NFB of New York, a bunch of us would end up
catching the same train between NYC and Albany, going up or coming back from
talking to our legislators.  We’d snag a place in the café car and hang out,
yakking and snacking and having a good time.

I only remember once needing to take my dog out somewhere along a train
ride, and she didn’t go.  But the conductors are helpful and friendly, so
you can ask what stop will give you the most time.  Most stops are only a
few minutes, but it’s time enough to give the dog a chance if necessary.

I hope you enjoy your Amtrak trip as much as I’ve enjoyed mine.

Tracy