[NAGDU] Experiences with Guide dog foundation

Bryan Gearry bgearry at alaskafrontier.net
Tue Mar 12 00:09:51 UTC 2024

Sam, I have gotten all my Guide Dogs (3) from GDF (Guide Dog
Foundation). Sorry that your dog didn't work out. It happens. Making the
match is very hard and you run the risk of it not working out with any
school. I have had great success with GDF and that's why I return. There
are other good schools also. The thing that has stood out for me is the
customized training (both dog and me). They have always accommodated my
different life style (Alaska). It's not the same walking the streets of
a big city as wandering around the wilds of Alaska. They have been very
accommodating. The support from them when there has been a problem, is
exemplary. This has been my own experiences. Each school has it's own
unique characteristics. I think if you stick with the solid schools that
have good and long track records, you are fine.

Making "the match" is probably the hardest thing any of the schools do.
I don't think there is any school that can claim they have an 100% match
rate. There are just too many variables.

Good luck in your quest for a school.