[NAGDU] new dog

Joy joy.relton at icloud.com
Wed Mar 13 16:46:20 UTC 2024

for me, it’s whatever helps the dog do what it is that you want them to do.
If they react to food, then using food rewards makes sense.
But, for me, you need to limit that food reward to teaching a particular skill and taper back.
As I have been told by many trainers, it’s best to use a small amount of kibble and take it from their normal feed then to stack up too much food or sweet treats.
For vickie all I have to do is say that word and she is ready to show it to me.
And trust me, she will negotiate on occasion for a treat. She gets one little tiny treat and she thinks it’s the world.
But the most important part is she shows me that whatever it is that I wanted her to show me every time we go buy it even though she doesn’t get that Treat  on subsequent times.
Sent from my iPhone