[NAGDU] new dog

Vanessa Lowery val4dogs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:58:34 UTC 2024

The Seeing Eye does use food reward when teaching us, using a clicker, a target, and the kibble, how to get our dogs to show a certain things like Bus benches, bus poles, door knobs, stairwells, etc. But the goal is to taper the dog away from the treats and to only bring them back into use if the skill starts wavering a little bit. But once the dog has established the skill the degree at which the treats are used is gradually decreased. We do not do the treats out like they are candy. I use the treat bag the other evening so that virtue and I could learn how to get to informed dad's apartment in the assisted living place. But I suspect, even though he will not be able to work for the next two weeks, that he now remembers the route, and as such, I will not need to pull out the treat bag again. I'm just not gonna go here there and everywhere and treat my dog for every little thing that it does correctly. At that point, the dog is not working for praise… Here she is working for the tree. To me, that's not acceptable, but that's just me. Others may have different opinions which is OK. But I'm not the dogs candy dispenser.
Vanessa and the zoo
Sent from my iPhone