[NAGDU] More details about virtue

Vanessa Lowery val4dogs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:32:45 UTC 2024

So, to continue the Virtue saga, giving him fluids overnight from Monday to Tuesday did not work. The sock-looking object was still stuck in his intestines, and gas was building up. So surgery was scheduled. Initially, it would have been done by staff from the Pet ER, but the facility also has vets who cover specialized areas of medicine (cardiology, internal medicine, etc), and they had an earlier slot, so they took care ofthe surgery. You know  those knee high stockings that look like ssocksH one when the door to my laundry room was left open. You know those knee high stockings that kind of look like socks? I use those to cover the end of that metal pipe that comes out ofthe back ofthe dryer to catch lent, and I think that is what he found.

He tolerated being put under, going through the surgery, and being awakened well. Of course, he stayed one more night in the hospital. He ate, drank water, and parked successfully, so he was allowed to come home Wednesday afternoon.

He is on crate lockdown for 14 days. He can come out to be fed, watered, and parked. But because he has external and internal stitches, he has to remain quiet. He is on two types of pain medication and one mood stablized (to keep him quiet) during that 14 day period. He is also wearing a gynormous cone to prevent him from going after the stitches. Thus far, he is being fairly cooperative, but I will need to get pill pockets. I threw all of his evening meds in with his late evening mealggI feed him 3 evenly measured meals per day), but apparently, one ofthe pain meds has an odor that does not sit well with him. So I had to give him that pill by hand. The pill pockets should solve that problem.

He sees the surgeon on April 1 (which also coincides withthe start ofa new class at TSE).

That's the latest, and Walt Sutton and I are still in communication with each other as I track his recovery.

Vanessa and the zoo
Sent from my iPhone