[NAGDU] Rideshare denials

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat May 25 00:33:22 UTC 2024

Well, as I understand it, the airlines have been required to allow us on
their aircraft anyway, but the forms we need to deal with have been
sometimes not too bad but often troublesome, and the personnel haven't
done their jobs right.  I hope that the pilot program to be established
because of the recently passed FAA reauthorization act will improve this
somewhat, although I don't think a guide or other service dog user
should be hassled unless the handler or the dog is behaving badly
anyway.  This is an instance when I doubt things would have improved at
least potentially without NFB or maybe NFB and its allies.

Al