[Nationalharbor] FW: Potential changes to navigation of Gallery Place Metro Station

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 13:54:12 UTC 2017

Fyi.

WMATA is anticipating a change to the traffic flow at the Gallery Place Metro station, which is one of our most visited stations.  We have recognized dangerous overcrowding and traffic flow situation for all customers, but also ones that particular make it difficult for blind and visually impaired customers to navigation the Red Line platform.

This will likely involved reversing escalators and in stallion of guide rails to direct traffic flow around the escalators and onto the platform.  I recognize, and have convinced Metro, that will likely cause great confusion  for these customers.

We will want to do our best to inform the blind and visually impaired community of this change before it is implemented, but we do not have good email addresses for everyone.  Can you offer assistance from the DC and suburban MD and VA  NFB chapters?

If I could get some good email distribution lists, that would be or great assistance.  I certainly know people in the VA chapters and Debbie Brown and Gerald Barnes, but do not have good contacts other than those.

DAVID J. SHAFFER

ACCESS POLICY OFFICER

ADA OMBUDSMAN

WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY

DEPARTMENT OF ACCESS SERVICES

Office of ADA Policy and Planning

600 Fifth St. N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20001

Tell:  202-962-2820

Fax:  202-962-1724

wmata.com/accessibility

THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE RECIPIENT NAMED ABOVE.  IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT THE NAMED RECIPIENT, OR THE AGENT RESPONSIBLE TO DELIVER IT TO THE NAMED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, COPYING OR OTHER USE OF THIS INFORMATION COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND NO PRIVILEGE IS WAIVED.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE ABOVE-NAMED INDIVIDUAL IMMEDIATELY, COLLECT IF NECESSARY.