[NationalHarbor] Reminders

Amber Woods woodsamber83 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:59:52 UTC 2022

*Dear National Harbor Chapter Members and Friends, *

*Reminders and Acknowledgements *

*Today :*

October 12, 2022, 1pm- 3pm National Federation of the Blind. Of Maryland
National Harbor Chapter  Lighing Your Path  Independence Now

Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84772137597
<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Finnow.us18.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fclick%3Fu%3Deae54873d197b6ec3a4e31a68%26id%3Dece16e3bae%26e%3D8c7e81719f&data=05%7C01%7Cllwilliams%40co.pg.md.us%7C98a78aaf7b4f45a0cb4d08daa872aad6%7C4146bddaddc14d2aa1b21a64cc3c837b%7C0%7C0%7C638007507729055410%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=kQz425%2FRNlpzsvFCJGAqcg2lT3HK4D1H9sqIw%2Fu1qZ0%3D&reserved=0>
Meeting ID: 847 7213 7597
One tap mobile 3017158592

*Contact Rochelle Harrod at **rharrod at innow.org* <rharrod at innow.org>* to
register or request accommodations.*

*Accessing  The Recordings  Of Past Meetings:*

To Access the  recordings meetings, please  call:

Playback Number

(267) 807-9608

Access Code: 106363

Public Relations/Outreach

Out of Sight Dragon Race International Competition

Vice President Eric Phifer Team Brought home 2  Silver  and 3  Bronze
metals .

Thank you for representing our chapter and the blind in a  positive light!

September 10, 2022, Runfest

September 10, 2022, Run Fest La Plata /Waldorf MD Blue Crab Stadium

A  short notice for request for help, Members Brian Nivens, Treasurer
Angela Woods  and President Amber Woods along with a  near-by resident of
la Plata MD were able to get the task done of 17 volunteers . Task was to
apply runners of the 5k and 10k finishers  with metals of the race they
participated in.

Special  Thanks to fellow NFBMD member Aloma  Bouma to inform our chapter
of this fantastic opportunity. We will be ready for next year with more
members.

October 15 is when the Baltimore Chapter will assist the runners in
Baltimore.

if you plan to volunteer this event in Baltimore, please contact Aloma
Bouma  at alomabouma at gmail.com   or 410-375-9528

 local event at the Tanger Outlets October 15,2022 2-4pm. We will have
Marie Hamilton  President  of P.S  UR Fabulous Please inform President
Amber Woods

If you plan to attend any of the following events.

Resolutions

Special Thanks to Chris Danielsen  President of the  Greater Baltimore
Chapter  for taking the time to  explain the importance of Resolutions. You
can hear the recording on  our playback number  mentioned above.

Braille Class Graduation

If you missed it, please check out the recording ( recording number will be
provided later)

Special Thanks to  Braille Instructors and Board Member Ava Ferebee and
Second Vice President Rosalind Mackall  and all the Braille members who
performed and demonstrated how Braille readers are leaders!

Membership

New members

All members who were voted  reminder to pay for your Chapter dues. For all
members Reminder, 2023 dues are approaching . If you were already a
member, and you have not paid your 2022 Annual dues,  nor option-in to pay
for a  one-time payment for Life-time membership $100,you cannot vote
during our Chapter meetings nor during our State convention coming up this
November .

You can go online to nfbmd.org under Chapter and divisions  go to link (
nfbmd.org/dues )e  or pay the Chapter Write check out to: NHC-NFBMD
Treasury

Send Check to: Treasurer : Angela Woods

Address: 1703 Old Drummer Boy Lane

Fort Washington, MD 20744

Please put in memo section of the check to indicate  which amount  either
$12annual or $100 as membership Dues or Dues .

Number For Convention Hotel Sheraton North

410- 321-7400

Blind Equality Achievement Month (Formerly Known as Meet the Blind Month )

-19 Testing  How To Order

COVID-19 at-home tests while supplies last.

You can place an order online or by calling 1-800-232-0233. Additional
information and updates are available at https://nfb.org/covidtests.
Important Upcoming Dates

October 1 – 31, 2022 – Blind Equality Achievement Month

October 8, 2022 – Deadline to submit nominations for 2022 Distinguished
Educator of Blind Students Award

October 15, 2022 – Deadline to make donations for Hamilton drawing

October 15, 2022 – Deadline to make hotel reservations for the NFBMD 2022
State Convention

October 15, 2022 – Deadline to pre-register for the 2022 NFBMD State
Convention

October 15, 2022 – Deadline to submit resolutions for the 2022 NFBMD State
Convention

October 15, 2022 – White Cane Awareness Day

November 1, 2022 – Deadline to commit to contribute items for NFBMD Bake
and Experience Auction

November 5, 2022 – Deadline to make donations for Fall Donation Drive to
include drawing for free cruise

November 11 – 13, 2022 – NFBMD Annual Convention, Towson, Maryland

Please Contact  President Ronza Othman  for State Convention  Aevents

Ronza Othman, State Affiliate President

State Affiliate President

443-426-4110

Thank you,