[NationalHarbor] Washington seminar

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 23:39:10 UTC 2023

Annapolis is not quite over, but we are getting ready for Washington seminar
next week.  We will be going to Capitol Hill on Tuesday.  We will be able to
give meeting times by Monday morning, in enough time to schedule
MetroAccess.  Please let me know if you are interested in participating.  We
will walk around the buildings seeing Congresspeople, or more likely, their
staff.  We will talk about three issues, many of which are dear to us.  The
Medical Devices Nonvisual Access Act addresses the issue of inaccessible
medical devices like glucose monitors and CPAP machines.  The Website And
Software Applications Accessibility Act addresses the issue of accessibility
of many of the applications we use for transportation, shopping, scheduling
doctor's appointments, and many other daily experiences.  The Blind Persons
Return to Work Act addresses the careful consideration we have to take when
deciding to go to work as a blind person.  Please let me know if you can
come on Tuesday.

To prepare, you can download factsheets in the medium of your choice and
watch videos that demonstrate how to talk to a senator (Pam Allen and Norma
Crosby take the role of senator).

Also, listen on Zoom or in person at 550 C Street S.W., to the great
gathering-in meeting on Monday night at 5:00.

There is a career fair on Monday.  It is too late to sign up online, but you
can sign up in person at the Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C St. S.W., on Monday.

Debbie