[Ncabs] information about an online survey about blindness and travel skills

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:12:27 UTC 2010

The following came over the nabs list, and i think that every
opportunity we have to contribute to research about bettering teaching
techniques for the blind is excellent. This survey can be taken online
or over the phone and did not take me long at all. The message is
pasted below.

Cindy

Greetings!

The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute (S-K), in collaboration
with researchers at Accessible Design for the Blind and U.C. Santa
Barbara, is conducting a survey of tools and techniques used by blind
and visually-impaired people in their every-day lives. We want to know
how you get around, how comfortable you feel in various situations,
what other disabilities you have, and what tools and techniques you
use in your daily travels. By participating in the S-K Wayfinding
Survey, you will extend our knowledge of how real blind and
visually-impaired people travel independently. You will also help to
improve the independence of future travelers with visual disabilities
by sharing your experience.

You can participate in the S-K Wayfinding survey on the web, by phone,
or by TTY. The survey should take no more than 20 minutes to complete,
and your responses will be completely confidential. We eagerly look
forward to your participation and thank you in advance for your help.

To take the survey on the web or ask questions about it:
http://holman.ski.org/wayfindingsurvey

Take the survey by phone:
(415) 345-2013 -- We will call you back.

Take the survey by TTY:
(415) 345-2290 -- We will call you back.

Please share this announcement with any individuals or lists you think
might be interested. If you do forward it, please take the time to
remove any extra e-mail headers to improve readability.

Again, we thank you for your valuable assistance with this important
research project.

Joshua A. Miele, Ph.D.
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
2318 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94115