[Ncabs] Minutes - May Conference call

sharon_newton sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Mon May 24 01:47:09 UTC 2010

NCABS CONFERENCE CALL

MAY 10, 2010

MEMBERS PRESENT:

Cindy Bennett

Brice Smith

Sean Mealin

Sharon Newton

Jewel Shuping

Preston Johnson

Sina Bahram

Julius Locklear

Eleanor Rivers

Kelsey Hendrix

Justin Salisbury

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Student Seminar:  Cindy Bennett:  Location:  Burlington.  Date:  September 10-12.  Cindy explained what goes on at the State Convention.  Julius Locklear shared information about the student scholarships.   The student division will sell snack packs at the state convention as a fundraiser.  The students also decided to place a $25 add in the convention booklet.

PHILOSOPHY QUESTION:

How do you feel about being the “perfect independent blind person” while you are on vacation?    We discussed independence, interdependence, and dependence, especially related to travel in unfamiliar places and the pros and cons in various scenarios.    Ideas and shared experiences are really helpful and informative.  We want your input!  Please plan to join our next conference call on Monday, June 14 at 9:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted

Sharon Newton, Secretary, NCABS