[Ncabs] NCABS August Meeting Minutes

Cala Estes cala.estes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 02:47:21 UTC 2011

North Carolina Association of Blind Students
August Conference Call

Start time— 9:35 PM End time— 10:40 PM

Members Present:
Justin Salisbury: President
Cala Estes; Secretary
Sean Mealin; Treasurer
Brice Smith
Gary Ray; NFB of NC President
Dasha Radford
Lea Williams
Bobbi Pompay
Veronica Puente

Justin is still preparing the state convention and getting the student
track ready.

Cala is still working on advertizing and looking for people to contact
regarding convention.

Sean is stepping down in September as treasurer and webmaster, and he
discussed certain aspects of the website.

Veronica Puente and Kevin Kurrin are our two scholarship winners.
Congratulations to them both.

Gary Ray took the floor and gave us a rundown on activities which will
be taking place during convention. He detailed each session for us for
all of Friday.

Leah stepped up to talk about the movie choices for Friday night at
convention. We will decide which movie to watch that night. Lea then
continued on to discuss the NCABS schedule for Saturday. Several
speakers are lined up, and the student track will be much bigger this
year.

The next call will be on September 12th at 9:30 PM