[Ncabs] NCABS February meeting minutes

Cala Estes cala.estes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 03:43:22 UTC 2011

North Carolina Association of Blind Students
February Conference Call

Start time, 9:40 PM End time 10:40 PM

Members Present
Justin Salisbury: president
Preston Johnson: vice President
Cala Estes: Secretary
Sean Mealin: treasurer
Abbie Lanier
Gary Ray
Cindy Bennet
Alan Chase
Darian Smith
Sharon Nuton

Officer reports
Justin talked about his experiences with the blind driver challenge in
Florida. A deadline for the venders to confirm their attendance has
been set, Justin also has been contacting some DSB offices.
Preston has been working on donations for food and drinks for the
student seminar. He has also been contacting counselors and working on
getting gift cards.
Cala has been keeping up with website and registration forms, as well
as fielding questions and gathering contact information.
Sean has been keeping up with and responding to questions about the
website and the registration form. He has also been in contact with
the DSB and VI teachers of Gilford county.

We discussed the seminar schedule further and set a concrete deadline
for speakers and venders to respond.

We discussed the schedule, time slots, and a list of speakers who may
attend seminar. We filled in some blanks in the schedule as well.

The members on the call reported in on their progress with contacting
DSB offices.
Sharon will call the Charlotte office.

We finished up by discussing further advertizing and contacting higher
education institutions.

The next meeting will be held on Monday, March 14th at 9:30 PM

Cala Estes
NCABS Secretary