[Ncabs] Fwd: [Nfbofnc] urgent action needed hitting the governor hard

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:24:34 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lusi98 <Lusi98 at nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 17:37:29 -0400
Subject: [Nfbofnc] urgent action needed hitting the governor hard

Greetings All,

The House has passed it’s version of the budget. Newsline is in it,
but we are still dealing with merger. Let’s spend time concentrating
on contacting the governor. She needs to be hit again and again with
both emails and phone calls. I recommend that you first email and a
day or two later follow up with a call. Let’s keep the pressure up.
She needs to know that there is a large number of blind citizens who
are angry about the merger issue. Please pass this on to anyone whom
you think might help us.

Let Governor Perdue know that she needs to resend Executive Order 85
Section 7B.

Services for the Blind in Washington state is fighting the same battle
that we are. Below is a link to a website.  It gives facts that are
like those you can find on our own  DSB annual reports found on our
website. You might find some good information to use.

The governor’s phone number is 919-733-5811.

Her email is governor.office at nc.gov.

Many voices are clamoring for her attention. Our voice has to be
louder than all the rest.

Thanks for all the work you’re putting into this effort!!

Lusi