[Ncabs] VI Summer Retreat

Alan A. Chase achase11 at nc.rr.com
Mon May 9 06:20:18 UTC 2011

Good Evening,

I am Chairperson of the Education Committee for The Governor Morehead School
Alumni Association.  We are hosting a summer youth camp Wednesday, August 3 to
Saturday, August 6th on the GMS campus.

The name of the camp is Envisioning Youth Empowerment Retreat (EYE Retreat).
Attendees will be able to experience an audio described tour of a local museum,
speak to faculty at NC State University, check out assistive technology, learn
to play Beep Ball, make their own board game, learn about recreational reading materials, ride public transportation (with sighted guides), and attend a class on starting your own business.

There is NO cost to attend.  All housing and food is covered by us.
Transportation to and from Raleigh, Liens, and other persoal items are the
responsibility of the attendee.  Our age range is 16-28.  The attendees must have
a visual impairment.

The application is attached.  Please distribute among your networks and to any
youth who may be interested.

Thanks.

--
Alan A. Chase, B.S.
Cross Categorical Resource Teacher, Washington GT Magnet Elementary