[Ncabs] I need your help

Gary Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Fri Dec 7 12:03:18 UTC 2012

Here is one from Gary Ray.

When I am working with my cane, don't interupt my train of thought by singing out helpful hints such as "the urinal is more to your left..."  When traveling, I am concentrating hard on what I am doing and helpful hints can disorient me and pull my concentration away from where it needs to be...oops, mess in corner...grin.

I know folks are just trying to be helpful.  I used to do this myself.  I just didn't realize how concentrated I must be when working a mobility route  I now know because  I am so blind now that I am really having to focus carefully to get things right.