[Ncabs] NFB Scholarships in 2012

Gary H. Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Sat Feb 11 17:01:46 UTC 2012

Gary Ray here.

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) will offer scholarships at both
the State and National level in 2012.

At the National level,  we offer 30 scholarships in amounts ranging from
$3,00 to $12,00.  You must be legally blind and will be attending post
secondary education in the fall of 2012.  You may apply online at
 <http://www.nfb.org/scholarships> www.nfb.org/scholarships. As part of the
application process you must have an interview with me so I can write a
letter about you to the Scholarship Committee.  The deadline for all
applications is March 31.  If you get a scholarship, you must go to the
Dallas NFB convention at NFB's expense in early July.

At the NC State level, there will be 1 each, $1,500.00 scholarship awarded
in 2012.  The application is available for download at www.nfbofnc.org.  The
deadline for this application is the end of June.  If you are selected, you
must attend the NFB of NC
State Convention in September at Camp Dogwood at the expense of the NFB of
NC. You must be legally blind and will be attending post secondary education
in the fall of 2012.

If you have questions or need more info, contact me:
Gary Ray
President
NFB of NC
 <mailto:ghray at charter.net> ghray at charter.net