[Ncabs] Research Opportunity

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 02:17:02 UTC 2012

Alan:

I think that this study is great. Healthy lifestyles are sometimes
neglected with people with disabilities because of peoples'
perceptions that we cannot be physically active, so I am really
impressed to see some research in this area.

The purpose of my email however is to give you some other resources in
which to send this announcement if you haven't already. Gary Ray
probably has the most direct access, but there is a list serve for
blindness professionals. This might be good so TVI's can see the
email. Also, there is an organization, the National Association of
Parents of Visually Impaired children (NAPVI). At least I think that
is the exact meaning of the acronym. In any case, I believe they have
an NC division, NCAPVI, so it might be worth googling that acronym and
seeing if they have a contact since that would distribute directly to
parents.

And as far as approaching people with other disabilities, other than
NYLN which you know about, I unfortunately do not know of many other
resources. Although I am sure that since you work in the special
education field, you probably know of related list serves and forums.

Cindy