[Ncabs] Research Opportunity

Alan A. Chase achase11 at nc.rr.com
Fri May 18 01:01:13 UTC 2012

The NC Office on Disability and Health is working with the University of Illinois (U of I) to hold a 2 hour focus group with teenagers to discuss community barriers and facilitators to healthy eating and physical activity. The purpose of this study is to develop a questionnaire that measures how well a community supports healthy eating and physical activity among all people, including people with disabilities.  The U of I will use the focus group data to create the questionnaire.

We are recruiting teenagers (13 to 18 years of age) who are in school.

The students will be reimbursed for transportation expenses and paid $50.

The eligibility criteria are:

1.Be between 13 and 18 years of age AND

2.Read and understand English, AND

3.Have a mobility, visual, or cognitive disability AND

4.Be able to take part in a 2 hour focus group sometime in June in the Chapel Hill or Raleigh area.

Please give me a call if you have any questions or ideas.

Many thanks

Karen Luken
NC Office on Disability and Health
FPG Child Development Institute
CB 8185, UNC-CH
Chapel Hill NC 27599-8185
919-966-0881 (phone)

919-962-5777 (fax)
karen.luken at unc.edu
www.fpg.unc.edu/~ncodh
--
Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.
Cross Categorical Resource Teacher, Wake County Public School System