[Ncabs] EYE Retreat Schedule Change and Technology Announcement

sharon_newton sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 5 01:39:09 UTC 2013

Wow, Alan!  That sounds wonderful!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan A. Chase" <aachase1 at gmail.com>
To: <alanna.richardson at gmail.com>; <idwyer85 at gmail.com>; "Juana Mikels"
<juanamikels at gmail.com>; <maryemikels at gmail.com>; <redskull962 at gmail.com>;
<schlondabhawk at yahoo.com>; <tayloripatel at aol.com>; <twforsyt at uncg.edu>; "Ashley Coleman"
<amc05111 at gmail.com>; "Bobbi Pompey" <Pompey2010 at yahoo.com>; "Brice Smith"
<brice.smith319 at gmail.com>; "Daria Bannerman" <daria.bannerman at gmail.com>; "Grayson
Potter" <gapotter at uncg.edu>; "Jewel S." <herekittykat2 at gmail.com>; "Johnathon Kirk"
<johnathonkirk2 at gmail.com>; "Linda Roach" <roachmomof3 at yahoo.com>; "Mike Cox"
<mcwellduh538 at gmail.com>; "Preston Johnson" <psjohnson2 at my.waketech.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:08 PM
Subject: [Ncabs] EYE Retreat Schedule Change and Technology Announcement

Dear Parents, Group Leaders, and Patricipants,

I am thrilled to announce that the 2013 EYE Retreat has arranged to host a
Freedom Scientific Vision Awareness Day on Thursday, August 1st at The
Governor Morehead School in the Dining Hall.  This event is open to the
public!

The purpose of freedom Scientific’s Vision Awareness Day seminars is to
educate the local community about Freedom Scientific (blindness and low
vision) products, their practical daily use, and how to obtain these
products in their area. Local resources for vision rehabilitation, as well
as, funding for technology purchases are also covered.

All persons who wish to attend will be requirred to register with Freedom
Scientific.  Lunch will be provided.  Those already registered with the EYE
Retreat (participants and group leaders) will be registered automatically.
More details will follow regarding how to register and specific times of
the seminar.

A revised schedule of events for the 2013 EYE Retreat will be sent shortly.
We have set aside the entire day Thursday, August 1st for this event.  Be
sure to check back to our website at www.eyeretreat.edublogs.com for
updates.

If you have questions or concerns, please let me know!  Thanks.  Alan
--
*Alan A. Chase, M.Ed.*
Occupational Course of Study Teacher, New Hanover County Schools